Monday, October 10, 2016

American Freight Logisitcs and the Countless Lies

So I begin to count all the lies said by either Khalid and Sarah of American Freight Logistics.

  1. Falsified Invoices
  2. Lack of information or withholding Info about customs or transport
  3. Would not provide their custom license number
  4. false dates- Sarah said, last free date for warehouse was 8/25 when it was 8/26
  5. up marking all the fees for a really large cut.  storage free $100/day, I called the facility and they said it was only $20 a day.
  6. Lying about the truck being their to pick up the goods and long lines at the warehouse, I called the warehouse and they said, it's completely empty
  7. Telling me that my items were oversized and that it would cost extra- the dimensions of the boxes/ crates were not more than 5 ft in height or length (it was only 7 CBM)
  8. kept on pushing the delivery date off - they couldnt figure out their processes, it arrived at the warehouse on the 22nd, I didn't get it until the 30th- had given up all hope that i would ever get to see my stuff again.
  9. best of all, after we solved for many of the above issue- they told me that i did not pay for door-to-door delivery (which i did)  and that this delivery is a "favor" they are doing to me and I would need to hire people to pull the crates off.  They also told me that there are laws on where trucks can go and the truck of this size needed permissions to drive on the street- It felt like i was getting a portable home shipped to my house now. (this is when Khalid reminded me that I'm now in America, not Pakistan...hahaha) The truck that came to my house was the size of a uHaul...lol, had no idea it needed special permits.
  10. I had hired help from noon, as they lied and said the trucker is at the warehouse at 10 AM and constantly kept making false statements (I confirmed as I would call the warehouse right after hanging up and they would laugh at me) so the delivery didnt arrive until 7 P.M.- it was the biggest waste of money and time and this experience killed all the excitement of the goods.

By the way, they would call and tell me about all these things and not provide any solutions around it except that it would cost extra.  If you are ever thinking about doing business with American Freight Logistics from Brooklyn, do yourself a favor and read the above to know what you're getting yourself into.

No comments:

Post a Comment