Friday, October 7, 2016

Scamming Unnecessary Freight Fees by American Freight Logistics

We got introduced to American Freight Logistics because we opted for a no-hassle ship to door experience from Pakistan (we were okay with paying a little extra for the convenience) but what we got was a series of nightmares from the custom brokers and freight forwarders who go by American Freight Logistics located 837 ave Z brooklyn, NY 11235.

So we had paid all the fees to our door step from Pakistan- Atleast thats what we thought- I was told that if there will be any additional fees, it would be around an extra custom clearances but American Freight Logistics figured the oversees invoice wouldn't hold value and they had free reigns on adding charges as they pleased.

My goods arrived into the states on Aug 1st 2016, the invoice was not sent until the goods arrived into Houston.  They were suppose to have arrived into Houston on the 8/22 which is what I was told by AFL.  I didn't hear from them on that day so I sent an Email ( no response from them) and later followed up with a call.  This invoice should've been given to me prior since there are only 4 free days of storage. which leads to another issue that we will cover after the wonderful invlice.

Here is the first invoice they sent 8/23 and requested immediate payment for all the bogus charges.

After 2 days, when they realized this might've been an over stretch (and speaking to my shippers in Pakistan), they decided to send another invoice that removed some of these charges.   The best thing Sarah from American Freight Logistics said through out this was that they need 24-48 hours prior to payment to process thus reducing the number of free days I had of storage.  Also, if this is what you do for a living, wouldn't you already have the next steps lined up to go?  they run their operations as if they are in Pakistan and tell me that "this is America, not Pakistan".


The invoice at this point shrunk to half.  American Freight Logistics are full of crooks or what?  Also, they would not provide any invoices for this additional custom charges and fees that i was requested to pay for.  Also, they needed this money yesterday to make the process happen (atleast thats what they told me) 

Even though their site says, they accept money via credit card and paypal, their invoice clearly states otherwise and after paying the invoice in full within an hour (without any proof of these charges) I still didn't know when I would get my stuff.

I called around to more well-known custom brokers and they all said that the charges would not be more than $200 if additional clearance is needed.  And that too should be split based on how many share the container.

To this day, I have been calling and emailing them to facilitate proof of this cost and they have failed to respond to any of my emails or return my calls.  Thieves generally dodge those who they steal from, American Freight Logistics is no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment